The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is looking for a new ERRIN Project Manager.
The European Return and Reintegration Network (ERRIN) is an initiative of 15 Member States, FRONTEX and the European Commission. ICMPD is the implementing partner of this initiative. This position is based in Brussels within the ERRIN Programme Management Unit.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of a portfolio of ERRIN projects offering joint reintegration services in various countries of origin to ERRIN Member States and for ensuring the implementation of project activities, delivery of project outputs and the achievement of project targets and results.
The Project Manager organises a prompt kick-off of the projects in her/his portfolio. S/he develops and maintains relationships with project partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders as well as plans and coordinates implementation of all aspects of the project ensuring that the project is managed according to the approved project documentation, work plans and budgets in line with applicable rules and regulations. The Project Manager ensures timely and qualitative delivery of project outputs and achievement of project results in close collaboration with the project team, project beneficiaries and donors as well as manages a smooth project finalisation and closure.
The Project Manager establishes and monitors the implementation of the project work plan ensuring that adequate data and information is gathered for assessment and reporting. S/he continuously analyses the implementation of the projects in her/his portfolio and the execution of the budget proposing and taking corrective action as required and assesses achieved results for quality and impact. The Project Manager plans and coordinates project communications activities and materials and ensures that reporting on project progress and results is timely, of high quality and carried out in accordance with donor agreements.
The Project Manager works under the supervision of Senior Programme Manager – ERRIN and in collaboration with other ERRIN Project Managers and team members.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in management of projects in the field of migration.
- Professional training in project cycle management. Certification in project management (Prince 2 or similar) is a distinct asset.
- Proven experience in project financial management.
- Experience in management of tender processes and subsequent contract management.
- Substantive knowledge of migration issues in particular in the area of return and reintegration.
- Experience in international context.
- Proficiency in (verbal/written) English, proficiency in another major EU language is an asset.
- Master’s degree related to the area of work.
Interested? Visit the ICMPD job site to see a full vacancy description and apply by 26 June 2020.